Gooey chocolate. Sweet raspberries. Coconut cream. All combined into a cookie sandwich that's one healthy indulgence. These chocolate raspberry sammies are total decadence while being vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and now at the top of your list for what to bake next.
Almond Flour Cookie Sandwiches With Raspberry Coconut Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chocolate Cookies:
- 4 ounces vegan dark chocolate, melted
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax meal, plus 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or more dark chocolate, chopped
For the Raspberry Coconut Cream:
- 3/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
To Make the Chocolate Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler.
- Make the flax eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- In your food processor, combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, cacao, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the almond butter and mix again — the mixture should resemble a rough cornmeal texture.
- Add the melted chocolate, flax eggs, and vanilla and mix to combine, careful not to over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and scoop the cookies onto the baking sheets, flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, switching racks halfway through. The cookies should be slightly soft and pillow-y when done. Let them cool completely before assembling the sammies.
To Make the Raspberry Coconut Cream:
- We recommend making this as the cookies are cooling.
- Place softened coconut butter in a bowl.
- Pour defrosted raspberries over the coconut butter and gently swirl together, set aside until the cookies are completely cooled.
- Place a large spoonful of the raspberry coconut cream on the flat side of one cookie and gently sandwich the cream with another cookie.
- Continue until all sammies are made. Store in the refrigerator.