Hot stew with a fuzzy blanket and some Netflix is calling your name. Look no further than this sweet potato stew. Soft potatoes, full of flavor, and there's PEANUT BUTTER, people. This stew is filling and perfect for a cozy night in.
African Sweet Potato Stew With Peanut Butter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 5 green asparagus
- 1 cup mixed mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/3-inch freshly grated ginger
- 3-4 dates, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons almonds, peeled
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 liter of vegetable stock
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chop the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook together with ginger, almonds, and dates in a casserole with hot oil until soft. Add the curry, stir, and cook another minute. Meanwhile, peel and chop the sweet potatoes and carrots, add them to the pan, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, asparagus, and broth to the pan. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is tender.
- Add the peanut butter, stir well, and let cook another 2 minutes.
- Let stand 15-20 minutes and serve.