Amazing, simple, delicious alfredo! This fall recipe is perfect for dinner tonight.
Acorn Alfredo Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 acorn squash, about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of mash
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 3 hours
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounce pasta
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- Cut acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. Make slices in the squash with a knife and lay face down in a pan filled with 1/2 in of water. Roast them at 375°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a pot, add veggie broth, onion and garlic and bring to boil. Then, turn off heat and add in nutritional yeast, parsley, cashews, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Once the squash has is out of the oven, scoop out the insides and add that to the pot as well. Using your immersion blender, (or a high speed blender if you don't have one) puree all the ingredients together.
- Mix your sauce and pasta together and serve. Top with walnuts.