Santa Fe, New Mexico, is the latest city to embrace MeatOut Day, with Mayor Alan Webber proclaiming March 20, 2023, as a day for residents to leave animal products off their plates. And Santa Fe residents are well-equipped to embrace the MeatOut challenge, with a thriving vegan food scene offering a wide range of tasty and nutritious plant-based options, from tacos to curries to pizzas and more.
For almost 40 years, MeatOut has been raising awareness globally about the many benefits of a plant-based diet, from personal health to animal welfare and environmental sustainability. With Support from animal advocates around the world, Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) has been celebrating MeatOut since 1985, and the movement shows no signs of slowing down. So why not join in and take the MeatOut challenge for yourself this March 20th, and discover the many delicious and nutritious plant-based options available in your own city?
Plant-based eating has been linked to numerous health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, and certain cancers. A diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and plant-based proteins can also help with weight management and improve gut health. In addition to the health benefits, plant-based eating has a positive impact on the environment. Animal agriculture is a significant contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, deforestation, and water Pollution. By reducing our consumption of animal products, we can help mitigate these environmental issues and create a more sustainable food system.
MeatOut Day is a great opportunity to try out plant-based eating and see the benefits for yourself. If you’re not sure where to start, check out local vegan restaurants or try some plant-based recipes at home. It’s also a chance to learn more about the impact our food choices have on our health and the environment, and to consider making more plant-based choices in our daily lives. By reducing our consumption of animal products, we can make a positive impact on our health, the planet, and the animals who share it with us. So, let’s join in on MeatOut Day and give plant-based eating a try!
- NY Mayor Eric Adams Declares March 20th MeatOut Day For City of New York
- 20 Meatless Mains For an Epic Memorial Day Cookout
- See Ya, Meat! This Texas Burger Joint Sold Out of Vegan Burgers in a Matter of Days
- Learn How to Get Protein Throughout Your Day – No Meat or Dairy Required!
- Get Out The Grill! 10 Meatless Main Dishes to Celebrate Labor Day
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.