Ever since seeing the recipe for Slutty Brownies on Rosie’s blog (The Londoner) I was determined to make my own, 100% plant-based version of it. But be warned: just because this one is made without any animal byproducts doesn’t mean it’s “healthified”. Oh no. This one is full of sugar, and fat, and all good things in this world. Because life is not worth living without a biscuit/cookie/brownie hybrid. Don’t worry about calories—share these with your friends, and enjoy the good food and good company.
Cookie Brownies [Vegan]
- 150g self-raising flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 125ml almond milk
- 75g carob chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml canola/grapeseed oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix
- 70ml water
- 40ml canola/grapeseed oil
- a splash of almond milk (optional)
- 1 packet of speculoos biscuits
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Spread the cookie batter on the bottom of a lined cake tin.
- Display the biscuits evenly across this layer.
- Cover the biscuits with the brownie batter.
- Smooth with a spatula, then pop in the oven for 25 minutes at 180ºC/356ºF.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting up into single portions.
- Serve warm, with some cold vanilla ice cream on the side if you like. (Coffee ice cream would also be divine with this — but then again, it is divine with everything).