These spring rolls are extremely easy to make, and they will do as a starter, a lunch or a main dish. The wakame in the recipe can be substituted with any other seaweed, and zucchini can be used instead of cucumber while red (for color sake) bell pepper can be used instead of the carrot.
Spring Rolls With Wakame [Vegan]
- 5 round rice papers
- 1 avocado
- 1 small cucumber (or 1/3 of a long one)
- 1 carrot
- 5 grams dried wakame
- Soy sauce as a dip
- Soak wakame for 5 minutes, drain and cut. Slice cucumber and carrot in long thin slices with a peeling knife. Cut avocado in long thin slices.
- Divide the ingredients into 5 equal parts.
- Soak 1 rice paper sheet in warm water for approximately 20 seconds, put it on a clean surface. Put the filling into the middle of the paper and roll it capturing the edges so that there remain no open ends.
- Cut the roll in two. Repeat the procedure with the rest of ingredients.
- Enjoy with soy sauce whether plain or diluted with water as a dip.