I think this is an awesome recipe for Valentine's Day this year. It’s healthy, raw, dairy-free, gluten-free, and most importantly, these strawberries taste amazing! The raw chocolate alone is so tasty, you will want to dip just about anything it- I’m not even kidding. Okay, well…not everything, ya know. And when it comes to the toppings, you can use whatever you please. My suggestions are more superfoods because superfood chocolate is apparently just not enough! We’re talking goji berries, raw coconut, raw almonds, cacao nibs, etc. I actually tried rolling on in Maca Powder, and I’ve decided that you shouldn’t do that. Unless you like inhaling mouthfuls of powder and choking. You can even catch a glimpse of this little ugly duckling maca strawberry in the background- awwwww! On another note, you can see that my strawberries are absolutely monstrous in size. They came from somewhere faaaar away. This worked out great for allowing me to use lots of chocolate and bigger toppings, and they were surprisingly juicy, too. But local is always best…I look forward to making these again in strawberry season where I can use the little ruby red strawberries from my local farms. Regardless of the time of year, though, Valentine's Day or not, these raw superfood chocolate dipped strawberries will be loved by any and all that you make them for. And if you want to eat them all yourself, well, that is fine, too.
Raw Superfood Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 1lb strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut nectar syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- A pinch of himalayan sea salt
- Chopped goji berries
- Chopped raw almonds
- Hemp seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Wash strawberries and dry thoroughly. Heat coconut oil to a liquid state.
- Mix liquid coconut oil with raw cacao powder, coconut nectar syrup, vanilla bean powder, and salt.
- Prepare toppings and place in separate bowls.
- Dip strawberries into chocolate mixture and let excess chocolate drizzle off.
- Roll in topping of choice and let dry on wax paper as you finish the rest.
- Place in refrigerator before serving to set chocolate, if necessary.