This salad is a staple in our home. And even though it holds over very well in the fridge for a few days (which makes it a great make-ahead salad), we can’t seem to keep it around for very long. A few notches above an ordinary green salad in the nutritional department, the kale and beets pack tons of vitamins and nutrients, while the zippy garlic-ginger dressing will make your taste buds wake up and sing, “Hallelujah!”
Kale and Golden Beet Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Kale and Golden Beet Salad [Vegan]
- 1 bunch dino kale, de-stemmed and cut into thin strips, chiffonade-style
- 4 medium golden beets
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 green onions, bias cut
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 oz. canola oil
- 2 oz. apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbs. tahini
- 1 Tbs. tamari
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
How to Prepare Kale and Golden Beet Salad [Vegan]
- Add kale chiffonade and green onions to a large bowl.
- Grate the beets, carrots and bell pepper either by hand or use a food processor.
- Add grated vegetables to kale and onions.
- Toss to mix well.
- Combine the following ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- If you have a hand-held emulsion blender, be sure to use it for this dressing.
- It will make it deliciously smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix well. For best flavor, allow to chill for at least one hour prior to serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.