It seems everywhere I turn lately, there are festive holiday cookies. One of my favorite parties that a few women in our town used to host was an annual holiday cookie exchange. Everyone brought two dozen of their favorite holiday cookies, and left with an assortment of everyone else's special treats. Now if only we had done a recipe exchange as well, that would have been some collection of heirloom cookie recipes. This holiday season, I've been trying to behave myself so I don't have to worry about losing the few extra pounds come January from indulging a little too much. In years past, I used to make batches and batches of cookies to give away. The only problem was I would nibble here and there and all that nibbling would add up before I knew it. After all, there's nothing like a cookie hot out of the oven, right? Now that I've been baking gluten-free and allergy-free, it's been almost a blessing in disguise. I bake less and therefore I nibble less. But, I did want to indulge my kids in a few sweet treats this holiday season, so I decided to recreate one of my childhood favorites. Remember the peanut butter cookies with the chocolate kisses on top? I used to make them for the holidays. Now that I am older and a bit wiser, I've made a healthier adult version of this cookie with no butter or egg, and drizzled with some antioxidant rich dark chocolate on top. It doesn't get much better than that.
Peanut Butter Cookies With Dark Chocolate Drizzle [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter Cookies With Dark Chocolate Drizzle [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate
How to Prepare Peanut Butter Cookies With Dark Chocolate Drizzle [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine almond flour, salt, sugar, vegan butter, vanilla and peanut butter in a bowl and beat with electric mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Form into 1" balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until set and lightly browned. Cool.
- Melt dark chocolate either in the microwave (for 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted) or a double boiler, and drizzle on top of cookies.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.