This recipe for Asian cucumber salad has tons of flavors and yet, everything blends seamlessly together. It’s made up of a few accessible, affordable, colorful ingredients, that encompass a variety of textures. The salad has a hint of spice and it's perfect by itself or on top of burgers, salads, and just about anything else you could imagine.
Pickled Asian Cucumber Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of finely sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Add the thinly sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, ginger, scallions, garlic, and sesame seeds to a medium size bowl and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rice wine vinegar, coconut sugar, toasted sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and sea salt. Then, add the mixture to your vegetables.
- Serve the salad immediately or cover and let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two and let all the flavors meld together.