Fruit leather, also known as fruit roll-ups, is a type of snack made from pureed fruit that has been spread out and dried. It is a popular snack for kids and adults alike, and it is easy to make at home.
@leahferezan I love fruit leather but the ones in the stores are filled with additives so I’ve been steering clear. Now, I can make my own fruit leather with just one ingredient! This recipe is healthy and easy to make. ONE INGREDIENT FRUIT LEATHER Ingredients: 2 cups of Apple Sauce Directions: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the applesauce evenly over the pan. Tap to make it more even. Bake at 170 degrees for just about 8 hours. Take it out, let it rest a little then enjoy! Don’t worry if the sides crack a bit, just add some water to it and it will soften right up! #fruitleather #recipe #recipehack #healthyfood #healthyfoodhack #kidrecipes #recipesforkids ♬ original sound – Leah Ferezan
To make fruit leather, you will need applesauce, a baking pan, and parchment paper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the pureed fruit mixture evenly over the parchment paper. Place the baking sheet in the oven at setting 170 degrees F, or the lowest temperature setting and bake for 6-8 hours, or until the fruit leather is dry and pliable.
Once the fruit leather is done baking, let it cool completely before cutting it into strips or shapes. You can store the fruit leather in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
The best part about making fruit leather at home is that you can customize it to your own tastes. You can add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to give it a unique flavor, or you can add dried fruits or nuts to give it a crunchy texture. You can also experiment with different types of applesauce, such as unsweetened or flavored varieties.
Fruit leather is also a great snack for on-the-go. You can easily make a batch ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. This way, you can have a healthy snack ready to go whenever you need it.
Fruit leather is a great snack for on-the-go and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
- Want to Live Longer? Eat Vegan!
- Why a “Fruitarian” Diet is Not Actually Healthy
- 8 Incredible Foods to Eat to Enhance Your Longevity
- New Study Shows The Best Diet for Longevity is Mostly Plant-Based!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.