The Book: Main Street Vegan
Where to Buy: To purchase this book, CLICK HERE!
About the Book: Author and holistic health practitioner Victoria Moran started eating a plant-based diet nearly thirty years ago, raised her daughter, Adair, vegan from birth, and now maintains a sixty-pound weight loss. In Main Street Vegan, Moran offers a complete guide to making this dietary and lifestyle shift with an emphasis on practical “baby steps,” proving that you don’t have to have a personal chef or lifestyle coach on speed dial to experience the physical and spiritual benefits of being a vegan. This book provides practical advice and inspiration for everyone—from Main Street to Wall Street, and everywhere between.
About the Author: Victoria Moran is the author of 11 books, and is also an inspirational speaker, monologist, and certified holistic health counselor (HHC, AADP). She is the founder of Main Street Vegan Academy, training vegan lifestyle coaches. Victoria’s latest book, Main Street Vegan, is written with the assistance of her daughter, Adair, an actor, playwright, stunt performer, and lifelong vegan. Victoria’s other titles are the best-selling Creating a Charmed Life (in thirty languages), and the plant-based weight-loss classic, The Love-Powered Diet: Eating for Freedom, Health, & Joy.
The One Green Planet Verdict: Main Street Vegan provides practical tips and advice for anyone who has ever considered going vegan. Our favorite things about this book:
- Content – This book is packed with useful information! Most importantly, Moran takes the time to address a number of the most common questions and concerns new (or potential) vegans face. Getting enough protein, keeping costs down, dietary supplements, restaurants, cookouts, raising children, and other relationship considerations. They seem to have thought of everything!
- Format – The book conveys a wealth of information via short chapters that are easy to digest and fun to read.
- Tone – Honest, relatable, and even inspiring at times; never pretentious or preachy.
- Extras – The recipes interspersed throughout the text are a nice touch. From salad to dessert, there’s something for everyone in these selections.
To purchase this book, CLICK HERE!
You know our verdict, now you decide! The author has generously offered to send a few lucky One Green Planet readers a copy of her new book, Main Street Vegan!**
To make our jobs easier, all you have to do is:
1. Follow us on Pinterest (only followers qualify): http://pinterest.com/onegreenplanet/
2. Re-pin this post or click on the “Pin it” button above (below the title of this post).
3. Answer this question in the comment section of this pin on Pinterest or in the update after you click “Pin it” above, “Why do you hope to learn from Main Street Vegan?”
**Contest open to U.S. and Canada residents only
(The opportunity to answer in the comments section below, ended on 5/6/12)