Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Every Sunday, One Green Planet brings you the week’s top news. For those who don’t have a lot of time to look through the news each day, this will be a great resource and an easy way to catch up!
Here you’ll find different news categories and links to each article published during the week! Enjoy!
Earth and Environmental News
There were numerous stories about the environment this week which gave us hope for the future and reminded us how far we still have to go. Some of the more memorable stories included:
- Africa’s Plastic Crisis: An Urgent Call for Action
- Shell vs. Greenpeace: A Legal Battle Over Climate Protests
- Deforestation Drops by 70% in Colombia’s Amazon
- Increasing Size of Electric Vehicles Raises Environmental Concerns
- New Plastic Innovation Self-Heals and Feeds Marine Life
- Riding the Waves of Change: The Climate’s Seismic Signals
- The UK and US Militaries Owe $111bn in Climate Reparations
- How We Dealt with Environmental Events in the Past Can Help Us Face Climate Change in the Future
- How Climate Change Will Disrupt the UK’s Food Economy
- Electric Cars and the Environment: A Closer Look
- Pond in Hawaii Suddenly Turns Pink, Causing Environmental Concern
- EU Parliament Agrees on Groundbreaking Nature Restoration Law
- Yay! Colorado is Banning Plastic Bags!
- Clean Air vs. Industry Costs: The High-Stakes Battle Over New EPA Regulations
- The ‘Godfather of Microplastics’ on How to Beat Plastic Pollution
- EU Pledges Massive Fund to Combat Climate Change Unveiled at COP28
- New Delhi Deploys Anti-Smog Guns, Declared Most Polluted City
- Hoboken’s Smart Strategy Against Climate Change: Lessons for Flood-Prone Cities
- Can Plastic Credits Turn the Tide on Ocean Pollution?
- US and China Unite to Ramp Up Renewables to Combat Climate Crisis
- UN Says CO2 Levels Hit Record High, Igniting Global Concern
Plant-Based Food, Life, Human Interest, and Health News
Source: Dmytro Zinkevych/Shutterstock
This week in food, life, human interest, and health news, we had quite a few exciting stories!
- Rebellyous Foods and Vizient are Bringing Plant-Based Options to Healthcare Facilities
- Treaty Offers Australian Residency to Tuvalu Citizens Displaced by Climate Change
- Two Sisters Provide Vegan Food to Ukrainian Refugees
- Sweat is Humanity’s Natural Defense Against Climate Change
- One-third of the World’s Children Dealing with Water Scarcity
- Kim Kardashian’s Nipple Bra Causing Controversy With Climate Activists
- The Ideal Sleep Temperature for Older Adults
- Won’t Give Up — Pattie Gonia: A New Anthem for Climate Action
- Travis Barker Celebrates His 48th Birthday With a Vegan Thanksgiving Meal
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!