Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Sweet seven-month-old Harvey was the last pup left at the shelter. The shelter had successfully adopted out all of their dogs and found their forever homes, and sweet Harvey had to watch all of them leave one by one. He was overlooked for four months until his day finally came.
Finally, the day had come! @adoptingdogs announced that Harvey was finally on hold to be adopted! When he went to tell Harvey, the pup was so excited he could barely hold it in!
The next day, Harvey got to meet his human for the first time and got to head to his forever home. He ran into the arms of his new human and the first day of his new life began.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Dog Mercilessly Used as a Breeding Dog Her Entire Life is Rescued and Adopted
- Shelter’s Oldest Cat, the Sweet Nine-Year-Old Lovebug is Finally Adopted!
- Dog Overcomes Fears and Gets Adopted Thanks to Foster Family [Video]
- Dog Tethered Outside Without Food or Water Gets Rescued and Finally Adopted!
- Terrified Senior Dog Gets Dropped Off at Shelter But is Adopted Immediately After “Please Save Him” Plea on TikTok
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!