Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A recent clip on TikTok has taken the internet by storm. The video, posted by Hannah Colson (@oliveandfig_), features an unlikely duo, a cat and a golden retriever, engaging in a playful game of fetch. What’s even more astonishing is the cat’s enthusiastic participation in the game, mimicking their canine housemate’s behavior.
The video, which was initially shared on August 31, has garnered more than 847,000 views, leaving viewers both amused and astonished. The caption accompanying the post humorously states, “Ernie now identifies as a golden retriever,” hinting at the cat’s newfound identity as a playful pup.
The footage starts with the cat and the golden retriever eagerly waiting near a couch, their eyes fixed on a thrown toy. As a hand tosses the ball across the room, both pets leap into action, chasing after the toy with unbridled enthusiasm. However, what truly captivates the audience is when the cat continues playing fetch solo, showcasing its newfound passion for the game. The feline chases the ball into various corners of the house and diligently returns it to a delighted onlooker.
A humorous message overlaid on the video reads, “What happens when you let your golden raise your cat.” The playful and heartening dynamic between these two furry friends has struck a chord with viewers, leading many to share and comment on the clip.
While it might seem unusual for a cat to engage in such dog-like behavior, experts suggest that cat parents can explore similar activities with their feline companions. Some cats are natural retrievers, and playing fetch can be an enjoyable and stimulating activity for them.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Weatherman Makes Gloomy Winter Infinitely Better by Playing Fetch With a Dog During His Forecast (VIDEO)
- Dog Playing With New Kitten Brothers is Too Cute
- Dog Finds Clever Way to Play Fetch While His Mom is Busy
- Hilarious Cat Plays Fetch and Pants Just Like a Dog! (VIDEO)
- Dogs Versus Cats, Study Reveals Seemingly Uneven Attachment by Humans
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!