Hydraloop is a new device that could slash your water bills in half by collecting and cleaning “household water” to be used again.
Hydraloop is a multi-award-winning company that designs and manufactures greywater recycling products for residential and commercial properties. Grey water is water that comes from a house from things like showers, baths, and washing machines. Most of the water that is used in households is grey water.
By creating devices to clean and reuse this grey water, a significant amount could be saved, helping your water bills and the planet. According to Hydraloop, their devices can reduce water consumption by up to 45 percent. The recycled water can be used for flushing loos, irrigation, and feeding back into the wash.
The Hydraloop device cleans grey water in six processes, and no filters are used to maintenance on the unit’s light. The company also has an accompanying app that lets users track their water savings. With droughts becoming more and more common, this could be a great way to save water!
There is a clean drinking water crisis in the United States and across the world. Amid the Jackson, Mississippi, water crisis, residents are facing huge water bills that they could never have imagined when they can’t even use the water. Florida and Puerto Rico residents don’t have clean drinking water due to the recent hurricanes, and for residents in New York and dangerous arsenic levels were found in Manhattan public housing drinking water. Companies like Hydraloop are helping create ways for us to reuse water and help fight the global water crisis.
- Jackson Residents Charged Thousands of Dollars for Water Bills Amid Water Crisis
- Petition: Tell Lawmakers to Address Water Crisis in Jackson and the Racism That Caused It
- Exposure to Cold Water Can Help Cut ‘Bad’ Body Fat, New Study Finds
- Hurricane Ian Leaves Hard-Hit Florida Areas Without Safe Drinking Water
- Couple Called Climate Criminals After Dyeing 60-Foot Waterfall Blue For Baby’s Gender Reveal Party
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!