Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In overcrowded pet shelters, getting out to start a new life has a lot to do with chance when it comes to needy animals. Thanks to the rise of social media, however, it’s easier than ever for shelters to spread the word about adoptable pets – and people who fall in love with a video or photo of a pet are liable to do whatever they can to help. Often, these situations prove to be real stories of love at first sight.
This is exactly what has recently happened at the Front Street Animal Shelter – and what led to the adoption of Joyce, the lovely dog in the video. Joyce’s new family drove 16 hours from Canada to California to adopt her!
When her new family learned that the shelter was full, they decided to do something wonderful – drive from British Columbia, Canada to Sacramento to save the life of one of the animals there. Joyce turned out to be a perfect choice for them, and so she now finally has her own loving family and a safe forever home – and she welcomes it all with a huge smile on her face!
To learn more about the Front Street Animal Shelter, click here.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Dog Mercilessly Used as a Breeding Dog Her Entire Life is Rescued and Adopted
- 10-Year-Old Hosts Her Second Annual Pet Adoption Fair
- Watch This Chihuahua Adopt Orphaned Squirrels as Her Own! [Video]
- Puppy Adopted by a Cat Can’t Seem to Get the Hang of Feeding Time
- Dog Overcomes Fears and Gets Adopted Thanks to Foster Family [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!