We know you’re looking forward to a spooky, creepy, and scary Halloween… but let’s take a timeout for a cute, happy, and funny one! These moon bears are celebrating Halloween by enjoying jack-o-lanterns. Watching them figure out how to get them open is nothing short of entertaining! Scratching, smashing, biting; they go to any length to get to the yummy inside! The whole scene is even more heartwarming when you learn about the nightmares they experienced on bile farms before being rescued by Animals Asia.
These bears once endured unimaginable cruelty and neglect on bile farms. Like so many others, they lived in confinement to have fluid extracted from their gallbladders. The practice of consuming bear bile has existed in Asia for thousands of years. Sadly, due to the quasi-medicinal properties of this product, innocent animals are either killed or held captive to have the fluid extracted. Moon bears and sun bears are the most sought-after victims of this cruel practice. Thankfully with rescues like Animals Asia working to end the bear bile industry, moon bears are being given a second chance at happiness.
To learn more about Animals Asia’s mission to end bear bile farming, click here.
- Rescued Former Bile Bears Opening Christmas Presents From Their Caretakers Will Give You All the Feels (VIDEO)
- Rescued Bear Bile Bears Love Rolling Around in Grass [Video]
- Former Bile Bears Taste Strawberry Jam for the First Time – and It’s the Sweetest Thing! (VIDEO)
- After Over a Decade in Captivity, 5 Bears Are Finally Done Being Tortured for Their Bile (PHOTOS)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Get a grip on reality… Only the bears who are too depleted to produce bile are taken out of commission… The bear bile industry is thriving in china… with exports sent all over east asia…
It\’s great that these bears are finally free from the terrible lives they had at the bile farms. It\’s terrible to know that humans do these type of things to animals. Why does the world have to be so cruel?