Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Petal’s story is truly heartbreaking. Her experience is one of abuse and neglect.
TikTok user @ratchetrobin said this was the saddest situation she has ever had to deal with. @ratchetrobin has rescued hundreds of cats every year, but has never seen a situation as bad as this one. Just one week before the rescue operation, Robin spotted Petal in her driveway covered in blood, missing fur, and extremely skinny and malnourished. Robin knew that Petal had come from a neighbor’s house down the road, who were aware of her condition but sadly decided not to need her for whatever reason. The owners told Robin that Petal had been bleeding for about two years and they were just waiting for her to die.
Despite this heartbreaking reality, Robin took Petal back to the rescue and cleaned her up. While she was eating, they noticed that she was still bleeding. This is when they found a massive hole in her stomach, completely disrupting her gastrointestinal tract. The pain that this poor cat must have been in for the past two years is unimaginable. After consulting with a vet, the chances of Petal surviving are very slim.
Being aware of the signs of animal cruelty and knowing how to report suspected cruelty to animals is vitally important and can save lives. If you witness suspected cruelty to animals, call your local animal control agency as soon as possible or dial 9-1-1 if you’re unfamiliar with local organizations, says The Humane Society.
- After Spending 10 Days Apart Cat Can’t Stop Hugging His Dog Friend (VIDEO)
- This Cat Takes Care of His Sick Best Friend, Who’s a Dog! (VIDEO)
- Watch This Cat and Dog Playing Happily Together!
- Tycho and Refurb: A Lesson in Friendship for All Cats and Dogs (PHOTOS)
- Angry Bobcat Rescued from Car Grille in Wisconsin
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!