Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
There’s no denying the tenacity or craftiness of a mother animal whose babies require rescuing. Sometimes, she might need a little help from humans, but oftentimes, like the mama raccoon in the video, she takes matters into her own paws. The video above was recorded by a police officer in Missouri when he noticed a peculiar sight. As you can see, the baby on the street had been separated from their mama and sibling.
What seemed like an impossible rescue became possible through the awesome power of teamwork and a mother’s love. Mama raccoon and the sibling worked together like a pair of heroes — a dynamic duo if you will. In this heart-pounding rescue, the stranded baby’s sibling held tight onto his mother’s feet as she dangled off the side of the concrete wall to reunite her family. We can barely fathom how awestruck the officer who witnessed the daring rescue in person must have been, but we hope he brought it to the precinct’s attention because those raccoons deserve a medal for ingenuity.
- Curious Raccoon Found Himself Stuck in a Ceiling Until This Family Helped Him
- USDA Dropping Fish-Flavored Vaccines From the Sky to Stop Spread of Rabies in Raccoons
- Rescued Baby Raccoons Enjoy the Ultimate Relaxation Session in a Hammock (VIDEO)
- Wildlife Rescuers Free Cute Raccoon From a Drain (VIDEO)
- Raccoon Mama Goes to Incredible Lengths to Rescue Stranded Baby (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!