Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The Yulin Lychee and Dog Meat Festival, better known as the Yulin Dog Meat Festival, occurs every June on the summer solstice in Yulin, China. It is a highly controversial event and attracts criticism from people all around the world, as well as in China. Many of the slaughtered animals are domestic pets stolen off the street, says change.org. The dogs are tortured, deprived of food and water, and eventually slaughtered to be sold as food. In addition to the appalling animal cruelty that takes place, this festival poses a major public health safety concern. Dogs sold on the market are often sick, poisoned, and dying from the horrendous conditions they endure on the long journey. They may also carry contagious diseases.
Source: South China Morning Post/Youtube
Yulin authorities should be taking this seriously not only because millions of animal lives are at risk, but also considering we are still living through a deadly pandemic. Sign this petition to demand President Xi Jinping finally ban the Yulin Dog Meat Festival!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Save These Animals From Slowly Suffocating to Death in These Three States
- Reject Bill That Would Ban Women From Traveling Out Of State For Abortions
- Stop People From “Listing” Adopted and Fostered Children on Facebook
- Investigate Ivanka Trump for perjury!
- Support the British Transport Workers’ Strike
- Tell Putin to Halt The Use of Marine Mammals In Acts of War
- Demand Florida Commit to Installing Air conditioning In All of Its Prisons
- Kick Out Republicans Promoting White Supremacist Ideology
- Demand Lifetime Animal Ownership Ban on Woman Who Set a Conscious Dog on Fire
- Curb The Escalation of Violence By Animal Abusers
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!