A kitten found in District Heights, Maryland, is recovering at Alley Cat Rescue, after he was discovered in a distressing state. Someone had clipped the eight-month-old stray’s ears and bound his toes and tail with rubber bands. He was brought to Prince George’s County Shelter but due to the extensive treatment necessary, Alley Cat Rescue stepped in.

His rescuers named him Hardy, which means “courageous and able to overcome difficult circumstances.” This poor kitten must have endured weeks of cruelty – and in spite of that, he remains unbelievably affectionate and trusting of humans …

The kitten’s ears were so torn and injured, they had to be amputated. Since the blood flow in his paws was cut off by the rubber bands, some of his toes had to be amputated as well.

Hardy will require continued treatment and monitoring throughout his recovery process, which will hopefully be as smooth as possible.

“This poor little guy has gone through so much trauma,” Amy Pate, Hardy’s foster mom, told Fox 5. “Just to be so social and trusting, he’s so resilient.” Although so young, the kitten has already endured something that should never happen to any living being at the hands of a human. Now, his life is finally changing and hopefully he will soon be able to learn everything there is to know about being a pampered and well-loved cat.

Investigators are hoping to find the person responsible for the shocking cruelty case. Anyone with any information about the case is asked to call Prince George’s County Animal Services at 301-780-7241. Alley Cat Rescue is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.

To learn more about Alley Cat Rescue, click here.

All image source: Alley Cat Rescue Inc./Facebook

Why James Cameron’s New Documentary About Vegan Athletes Is a Real Game Changer

Vancouver Aquarium Finally Gives in to Activists and Ends Whale and Dolphin Captivity!

A Fire Destroyed This Man’s Home, But All He Cares About Is His Kitten

Horses Are Forced to Run Through Fire in Festival in Spain — Let’s Stop This Now!

66 comments on “Help Find the Monster Who Cut This Cat’s Ears and Tied All His Toes With Rubber Bands”

Matthew Frederick
4 Days ago

How can I adopt it?

Susan Magee Finney
4 Days ago

So glad he’s finally in a safe place. So much evil in this world! Thank you for all you do. Hoping this evil person is procecutted.

Melissa Deditch
4 Days ago

Urgently On Love Spell To Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back Contact [email protected] He Is The Best Of All On Love Spell That Work Fast........
I am in the exact situation Has anything changed? My relationship had zero moral fiber I left several times hoping he would change Here I am again alone and now he stated that he is done trying??? I left him however he told me that I can not just come and go as I please and think that everything is okay He just does not get it!!! He treats me like a chair in our home It is just daunting I hope your situation is better?Help! I\'m confused and getting very frustrated.
My boyfriend and I have been separated for four months now and nothing is happening. He\'s doing nothing.
He was having an emotional affair 3rd time second woman, so he kick me out. We went to relationship counseling twice. he said he needed to go to personal before he would meet us again. In counseling he admitted he loved me but not in love with me.I am beyond devastated. What should I do? And when do you think he will realize he\'s still IN love with me? I need this man to realize I\'m still that girl he met 6 years ago. I\'ve noticed lately in the last couple days he\'s kinda been trying to make me jealous, in a sense of telling me he\'s getting checked out at work, or flexing his muscles in front of me-- I\'m not sure if I should take this as a good sign or not? Every time we have a good day, or I say something about being with him, he always says "we\'ll see". Please help me i began searching for help and answers, then i heard about a man that can Cast a spell to remind him of all the things we have been through together, at first I was scared then i decided to give it a try, and like magic my boyfriend came back, apology and begging for forgiveness, thanks to this man, I’m posting this to help people with similar issues.email him Urgently...
Email him @.... [email protected]
Whatsapp him or better still call...+2348133873774
You can also view on his Blogs site... https://happylovespell2.blogspot.com.ng/

Sylvia Skerrow
4 Days ago

Sick

JOHN PASQUA
5 Days ago

HELL AWAITS THE ABUSER OF GREAT HARDY THE CAT NOW.

Raegen Turko
5 Days ago

Why kind of total loser sh$&τ bag has time to do this!??? Some little sleaze ball greasy pRικ

Sharon Griesemer
6 Days ago

POS going straight to Hell. Poor kitty

Lisa Rodriquez
6 Days ago

Prayers for you sweet baby angel. These monsters who did this to u, will Pay

Anita Makortoff