This dramatic video of a dog being rescued from the ice had our hearts pounding out of our chests! In an honest yet dangerous mistake, the dog’s guardians let the pup out without a leash and he ended up venturing onto the ice. As you can probably guess, the ice broke and the poor pup fell through. Thank goodness firefighters from the Swift Current Fire Department arrived quickly to get to the dog as soon as possible.

Once the firefighters arrived, one carefully slide across the ice on his stomach to the dog. He was able to pull the dog out the frigid water and they were safe on solid ground within minutes.

Advertisement

Chief Denis Pilon of the Swift Current Fire Department posted on his Facebook page a warning to the local residents to “Stay off the ice!” He also added, “Please keep your pets and children away from the Creek, the ice is thin and it is NOT safe.”

The quick call to the fire department, along with the swift rescue efforts of the firefighters saved this lucky dog and as dramatic as it was, let’s hope everyone takes heed of the chief’s warning so this scary situation doesn’t happen to anyone else.



Advertisement