It was a Christmas miracle for a papa dog and his son, who were left to survive on the streets. After receiving the life-saving call the Hope for Paws team headed to the location, Lucky Leash in hand. Once they arrived, the area was secured, and the hardest part of the job began – earning the animals’ trust. The young dog was curious and eager to make new friends. His father, on the other hand, was very hesitant and knew the potential dangers.
Thanks to Loretta’s kind nature and gentle touch, however, both dogs were safe in no time. They were transported to the vet and treated to makeovers. After the matting was removed and they were given warm baths and cuddles, they were feeling fresh and looked charming. Their new names were also charming, Sylvester for the father and the little one Speedy (look at that tail go!).
Check out Sylvester with his new forever family:
- Meet Dixie, a Paralyzed Puppy Who Never Gave Up! [Video]
- Family Wanted to Put Blind and Deaf Puppy Down but She was Given a Second Chance at Life Thanks to Vet! [Video]
- This Overused Puppy Mill Mother Finally Finds Her Forever Home
- Pet Stores Sue Maryland Claiming Puppy Mill Ban is Unconstitutional
- Puppy’s Heartbreaking Reaction to Human Moving Goes Viral
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!