Meet Dixie! As a puppy, she was born paralyzed, so she would drag her back legs around when she walked. When Dixie was adopted, her owner discovered that she had a bone infection. After many visits to the vet, they determined that they would be unable to heal her legs. After much consideration, they made the difficult decision to have both of her back legs amputated to save her life! Now, Dixie can be seen happy, healthy, and strong and enjoying her life to the fullest.
To see more of Dixie, head to @pups_on_wheels on Instagram.
- Watch the Makeover of a Terrified Poodle Missing His Back Paw (VIDEO)
- This Man Gives Disabled Dogs the Chance to Run Again With the Help of Homemade Doggy Wheelchairs (VIDEO)
- Two-Legged Puppy Abandoned in a Cardboard Box Gets a New Set of Wheels – and a New Life! (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!