Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Scientists are worried about the impact of Climate change on forests as multiple side effects of climate change have severely cut back on the world’s natural forests. Scientists also believe that Climate change could hinder reforestation in the future.
Scientists are concerned that global warming will make reforestation nearly impossible as temperature increases make it harder for trees to grow and thrive as they usually would. In addition, plants that have survived soaring temperatures also seem to be dwindling, and their ability to reseed has become weaker. This puts certain plant species in danger of going extinct if they cannot reseed and thrive.
Johannes Wessely, the author of the study, said, “These individuals that are adapted to warmer climatic conditions may get lost in the future Climate change. The model developed by the researchers, which considered variations in the climate tolerance of six species of alpine plants, suggests that the ranges and populations of these plants will shrink as the climate warms because the area in which it can survive will occupy smaller plots at higher elevations. This will then lead to less warm-adapted vegetation, and possibly the extinction of the species due to maladaptation and less vegetation overall.”
- World Rainforest Day: Go Plant-Based to Save Our Rainforests
- Forests the Size of France Regrown Since 2000, Per Study
- Our Fossil Fuel Addiction Created the Climate Crisis, Now Its Threatening Our Forests Too
- New Study Warns of Irreversible Societal Collapse if We Continue to Destroy Our Forests
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!