Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A viral video of two cat sisters, Apricot and Waffles, taking care of each other’s babies has warmed the hearts of millions. Shared on TikTok by Harley’s Hounds Animal Rescue, the clip showcases the nurturing bond between these feline siblings.
In the touching footage, the two cats can be seen nestled together on a small pet bed, affectionately cuddling each other’s kittens. Apricot and Waffles, who were both pregnant when they arrived at the animal shelter nearly two weeks ago, gave birth to five and six kittens, respectively.
A shelter worker explains in the video, “So this is Apricot, there with the little mustache, and that’s her sister. Her sister’s name is Waffles. They came in almost two weeks ago, both very pregnant. Apricot’s really friendly, Waffles was really shy to start with, but she’s really coming out of the shell now. So on Monday, Apricot had her babies, today her sister started to have hers as well.”
During the delivery, the two sisters provided each other with much-needed Support and comfort. Now, they continue to care for each other’s offspring, taking turns nursing the kittens while the other rests. This remarkable display of sisterly love and cooperation is a testament to the extraordinary bonds that animals can form.
The shelter staff did attempt to separate the cats and their litters by putting them in separate beds, but Waffles had other plans. She lovingly carried her kittens back to Apricot’s bed, snuggling up with her sister and their babies. The touching act of co-parenting between the sisters has captivated viewers.
Since its release, the video of the sisters and their babies has amassed over 261,000 views and 14,000 likes on TikTok alone. The display of sisterly love and shared parenting has resonated with viewers, spreading joy and warmth in a world that can often feel chaotic.
As the viral video continues to circulate, Apricot, Waffles, and their adorable kittens serve as a reminder of the incredible bonds that animals can forge. Their unwavering Support for one another and their joint dedication to caring for their little ones is a testament to the power of love and the capacity for compassion.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Cat and Her Kitten Rescued From A Recycling Container
- One-Eyed Kitten Siblings Found the Best Forever Home Thanks to Animal Hero, Beth Stern!
- Whoever Said You Shouldn’t Get a Puppy and Kitten at the Same Time Hasn’t Seen These Adorable Siblings [Video]
- Outrage Ensues as School Children Mock Animal Rights Activists with Dead Cats
- Sweet Mama Cat Just Wants to Love the Stuffing Out of Her Kitten [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!