Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The Best Friends Pet Hotel offers boarding and grooming services for animals while their humans experience the park. Although the most frequent visitors are dogs and cats, the staff have handled all kinds of animal guests. Some notable ones include ducks, guinea pigs, tarantulas, and a turtle named Mr. Bubbles. Located on the Disney Property in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, this animal hotel will watch your furry friends while you enjoy the park. The Best Friends Pet Hotel is also a hurricane shelter.
Source: Attractions Magazine/YouTube
At the animal hotel furry, feathered, or fanged guests can take advantage of a wide range of amenities and participate in various activities. Staff at the Best Friends Pet Hotel are willing to accommodate any non-venomous animal except for primates. There are a variety of boarding options to choose from.
For small animals (which the animal hotel calls “pocket pets”), their humans bring them to the hotel in their habitat. The hotel does not specify what type of habitat needs to be provided for the animal but asks that they be notified of the size ahead of time. Cost ranges from 16-28 dollars per day depending on the animal’s size.
Cats can stay in a 34-dollar-per-night, two-story “condo” or a four-story, 46-dollar-per-night “town home”. Add-ons such as toys, deluxe cat beds, and playtime can be added on to stays for an additional cost.
There are several options for dogs ranging from 53 dollars per day to 311 dollars per day. All options include activities. Additionally, extra walks and playtime can be added to a dog’s stay.
Staff are present at the animal hotel 24/7. Additionally, humans do not need to be visiting the park to board their animal companions at the Best Friends Pet Hotel. According to hotel staff, they have boarded animals from all over the world. Additionally, staff are willing to go above and beyond to ensure that each animal guest has an exceptional time and receives the care that they need while staying at the animal hotel.
While the Best Friends Pet Hotel offers hurricane shelter services, sadly not everyone can afford them. Sign this petition Telling Florida Hotels to Allow Hurricane Victims to Bring Their Pets with Them!
- 5 Amazing Pet-Friendly and Planet-Friendly U.S Hotels
- Brevard Humane Society Opens Pet Daycare Hotel
- From Ball Pups to Dog Hotels – Ingenious Programs that Help Dogs Get Adopted
- Walt Disney World Resort Will Be Powered by Nearly 40% Solar Energy
- Disneyland Launches Massive New Vegan Menu!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!