The popularity of supplements and IV therapy has increased rapidly in the health community for some time. While some people use these methods as a supplement to their already balanced and healthy lifestyle, others try to compensate for poor eating habits in an attempt to reduce their risk of developing chronic diseases. In the U.S. nearly half the adult population takes some form of multivitamin or supplement, many of which are not regulated by the FDA. And in 2021, people in the U.S. spent close to $50 billion on vitamins and dietary supplements.
By providing yourself with a foundation of proper knowledge, not only will you avoid potentially dangerous products, but you can ensure that what you’re consuming is beneficial.
The Benefits of Supplements
Source: BBC Reel/YouTube
Vitamins and minerals are essential to helping your body feel and function to the best of its ability. Ideally, people should be able to receive all the necessary nutrients they need from a healthful, balanced diet full of plant foods. However, sometimes, supplements are necessary since they can provide you with specific nutrients that may be missing in your diet. Supplements are generally considered safe because they only contain a small amount of each nutrient. However, unless someone has a specific deficiency, it may not be worth it to spend a ton of money on expensive supplements.
The Benefits of IV Therapy
Intravenous (IV) therapy is considered the most efficient way to give your body the nutrition it needs and has gained popularity with many health-conscious people. This process allows vitamins to enter directly through your bloodstream and bypass digestion. Many people prefer this method over taking supplements because it gives you faster results and can last longer.
IV therapy can also be completely customized to meet someone’s specific health needs and address a vitamin deficiency. This process allows your body to utilize the nutrients immediately while providing you with added hydration so you can feel your best. IV therapy can also be used to help ease hangover symptoms, cleanse your body of toxins and free radicals, and increase energy levels.
So Which One Is More Effective?
Both oral and intravenous supplements provide the body with essential nutrients, but is one more efficient than the other?
There are a few important differences to be aware of before making a decision.
Because the fluid in IV therapy is administered directly into your vein, the nutrients enter your bloodstream immediately. Oral supplements, on the other hand, have to make their way through your digestive system, which takes longer than its counterpart, and this process may slightly decrease the quality of nutrients your body is absorbing. Some people can also be sensitive to certain oral supplements as they can irritate the digestive tract and cause an upset stomach.
The truth is, every individual is different, and it comes down to preference. Therefore, the best thing to do is consult with a doctor and seek professional advice on what will be best for you.
No matter what your objective is when taking supplements, there’s one thing that we know for sure: supplements and IV therapy will never be a replacement for a healthy, nutrient-rich diet. Supplements should never be used in place of real food. A nutrient-packed diet should always take priority!
Check out this ultimate guide to learn more about plant-based nutrition!
- Health Benefits of Cold Weather and Foods
- Simple Guide to Wim Hof Breathing Method For Improved Health
- The Health Benefits of Forest Bathing, A Mindful Way to Connect with Nature
- The Benefits of Cold Showers
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.