Pop 2-3 of these on the shower floor and breathe the scent in 🧘😌🧖🏼♀️#bathbombs #showersteamers #steamer #naturalremedy #diybeauty #selfcaretips
Being congested is horrible in so many ways. From the crusty, red nose to the pressure and the headaches, struggling to breathe is awful.
Luckily, there are natural and effective ways to deal with congestion that doesn’t involve modern medicine! @bottegazerowaste shared a step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own all-natural shower steamers to clear your sinuses and help you breathe easier.
To make these DIY shower steamers you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- 4 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp citric acid
- Approx. 20 drops of eucalyptus and peppermint essential oil
- Ice mold
Combine all the ingredients until the mixture has a damp sand consistency. Add the mixture to iced molds, pressing down firmly. Let them air dry for about an hour, and you’re good to go.
Mint shower steamers can be very effective in alleviating congestion. When the shower steamers are placed in the shower, they dissolve slowly and release the essential oil, creating steam that you can inhale. Inhaling steam is an excellent way to loosen mucus and help relieve congestion. Give it a try and see how much better you feel!Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content.Click here to Support Us
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes to Help with Decongestion and Mucus Relief
- 7 Methods for Naturally Clearing Congestion
- TikTok Trends: Does Putting Raw Garlic in Your Nose Clear Congestion?
- TikTok Hack: Feeling Congested? Sip on This! [Video]
- 7 Ways to Make Your Bathroom More Eco-Friendly
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!