Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Procter & Gamble recently joined the Humane Society’s #BeCrueltyFree campaign, and began by making their Herbal Essences brand certified cruelty-free. They also seem to be moving in a more natural and eco-friendly direction with their new brand, Home Made Simple. The new lifestyle brand is plant-based and all the bottles are recyclable.
The new product line includes hand soap, dish soap, multipurpose cleaner, laundry detergent and fabric softener. Up to 95 percent of the formulas contain plant-derived ingredients and they’re all free of gluten, parabens, phthalates, phosphates, and dyes.
If the name sounds familiar, that’s because it’s actually a television show on Oprah’s OWN network. The concept came from a Procter & Gamble newsletter 15 years ago. Host of the show, Laila Ali says: “I am excited to continue my partnership with Home Made Simple as they expand into offering consumers a line of naturally inspired, plant-based cleaning products. As the host of Home Made Simple’s TV show, I meet a lot of families across the country that want products in their home that they can trust and, as a mom, I feel the same way. Home Made Simple has created this line for people just like us who are looking for an effective clean they can feel good about.”
The products are available in three scents: Rosemary, Lavender and Lemon, and since they use natural ingredients, they’re also gentle on skin. However, the line also has environmental benefits. All the Home Made Simple bottles are 100 percent recyclable and some of the bottles are made with 25 percent.
The products will be available on Amazon, Walmart, CVS and groceries. In the meantime, if you’re looking for natural products, check out 15 Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products for a Sparkling Home!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!