Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Everyone wants to look and feel younger — but not many would take it to the same extreme as Bryan Johnson. The 45-year-old tech millionaire from Utah has captured the world’s attention with his extraordinary quest to reverse the aging process and attain the vitality of an 18-year-old. Johnson’s journey to eternal youth has recently taken a startling turn as he revealed an unconventional approach: injecting himself with plasma from his 17-year-old son, Talmage.
Source: Inside Edition/YouTube
Born into the Church of Latter-Day Saints and once a Mormon missionary, Johnson’s life has been marked by both spiritual exploration and technological innovation. His path to immense wealth began with the sale of his payment-processing company, Braintree, to eBay for a staggering $800 million. This landmark achievement enabled him to venture into the cutting-edge world of health tech, where he embarked on his ambitious anti-aging mission.
Johnson’s journey toward a timeless existence started in 2013, and since then, he has made headlines for his pursuit of living forever. With Kernel, a company he founded in 2016, Johnson delved into the realm of brain activity measurement, with the aspiration of developing mental health treatments and advancing the understanding of conditions such as brain aging, Alzheimer’s disease, and strokes.
In 2021 Johnson unveiled Project Blueprint, a groundbreaking endeavor aimed at reversing the aging process within his own body. By meticulously following the Blueprint algorithm, he claimed to have effectively slowed his aging by the equivalent of 31 years, rendering him biologically younger than the average 10-year-old. His physique boasts ideal muscle and fat ratios, and his liver fat is described as “perfect.”
Although many of Johnson’s age-reduction measures are extremely expensive, there are some things he does that the average person can afford.
1. Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy uses LEDs to promote healing. It is effective in treating underlying inflammation, which can trigger many illnesses and conditions. While there are expensive options for this kind of treatment, there are also much cheaper alternatives on the market that you can use at home.
2. The Vegan Diet
Johnson follows a strict vegan diet that includes 1,977 calories exactly. He starts every day with a green juice packed with nutrients like creatine, spermidine, and collagen peptides. His meals often consist of vegetables, lentils, and olive oil.
A vegan diet does not have to be expensive, but it can be healthy. By adopting veganism you can lower your mortality rate by 9-12%.
3. Healthy Sleep
Johnson follows a strict sleep routine that emphasizes the quality of sleep. Every night he takes melatonin and wears blue-light-blocking glasses for an hour before bed. He goes to bed at 8:30 PM every night on his temperature-controlled mattress in a pitch-black bedroom.
4. Up-To-Date Doctor’s Visits
The billionaire might be overdoing it as far as his doctor-visit frequency but it is important to recognize that staying on top of your health can make an impact on your overall wellbeing.
Johnson completes monthly blood tests, MRIs, ultrasounds, and colonoscopies. The average person can’t afford this, but going to the doctor regularly and getting all of your checkups is vital.
5. High-Intensity Exercise
Johnson emphasizes the importance of high-intensity workouts (on top of regular daily exercise). Three days a week, for an hour each day, he participates in HIIT.
6. Take Supplements
Johnson spends around $2 million a year on supplements to reverse aging, but not everyone has to go to the extreme. Supplements like ashwagandha, B complex vitamins, alphagetoglutarate, glucosamine, lycopene, and broccomax can all help with your longevity.
On top of all the other things Johnson does to reverse his age, he focuses on skincare. This includes 11 different creams. But, the most important ingredient in these is SPF, which protects his skin from the sun. He uses Cerave Acne Control Cleanser, their SPF 30 moisturizer, and their night cream before bed.
He also uses skincare items that include vitamins C, E, B3, and azelaic acid. On top of the SPF 30 cream, Johnson uses an SPF 46 sunscreen every day and tries to stay out of the sun.
Bryan Johnson’s relentless pursuit of eternal youth is intense, but it has also proved worth it for him as he continues to reduce his age. While many of his routines and experiments are expensive, there are many things he does that the average person can do to increase their life expectancy.
Check out Bryan Johnson’s Blueprint here.
- Ditch the Wrinkle Cream: Anti-Aging Properties of Natural Oils, and 5 DIY Formulas
- Anti-Aging Tips I Learned From My Japanese Mom, Featuring Dry Brushing [Video]
- Forever Young: The Anti-Aging Benefits of Plant-Based Foods
- Plant-Based Diet Improves Health and Longevity, Research Finds
- 8 Incredible Foods to Eat to Enhance Your Longevity
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!