Michiko has another tip for you 💗 #dermatologist #tiktokdoc #drybrushing #antiaging #learnontiktok #fyp #fy
Mamina Turegano, MD is a triple board-certified dermatologist, internist, dermatopathologist, and tiktoker. In a popular series, she shares health and wellness tips and tricks from her 72-year-old Japanese mother that fans can’t get enough of. In part 7 of the viral series, Mamina’s mother shares the anti-aging benefits of dry brushing!
Dry brushing is an ancient practice that has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine and in many cultures around the world, including Japan, to improve skin health and overall well-being. It involves using a natural-bristle brush to massage the skin in a circular motion. This practice is said to help exfoliate the skin, stimulate circulation, reduce the appearance of cellulite, increase skin glow/radiance, and invigorate and energize the body. It can also help to reduce stress and promote lymphatic drainage.
To dry brush, start at your feet and work your way up your body in a circular motion. Begin brushing the left leg first, then left arm, then the torso, and repeat the routine on the right side of the body, beginning with the leg first. Be sure to brush in an upward motion towards your heart and use gentle pressure and avoid any areas that are sensitive or irritated. Work your way up your body, brushing each area for a few minutes. Mamina’s mother recommends spending about 2-3 minutes every morning doing the routine.
- Healthy Plant-Based Foods That Improve Your Blood Flow
- Tips That Can Help You Increase Circulation in the Body for a Healthy Heart
- 6 Wellness Rituals to Feel More Energized in the Morning
- How to Care For Your Lymphatic System to Boost Physical and Mental Health
- Key Spots To Stimulate The Lymphatic System
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!