Are you looking to build your writing and communication skills while learning the ins-and-outs of the world of vegan food, animal welfare, and eco-conscious living? Then why not apply to One Green Planet’s Fellowship Program?
As the largest (and fastest growing) eco-conscious lifestyle platform on the Internet, One Green Planet proudly creates viral and thought-provoking content designed to inspire millions of monthly visitors to take action for the environment, animals and people alike. We’re all about throwing out preconceived notions and labels that define what it means to be “green” and showing people how they can change the world by taking small actions (like eating vegan donuts).
What’s the Fellowship Program?
A three-month long intensive, full-time paid opportunity that will require you to work from our NYC office. Fellows are typically recent college graduates who are forward-thinking animal lovers and environmental enthusiasts, looking to sharpen their knowledge of online media, and gain experience writing and researching the latest issues in the space. Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the marvelous One Green Planet team and become an essential part of the day-to-day function of a fast-paced media startup that reaches millions of passionate readers.
What is Expected of Editorial Fellows?
Editorial Fellows will focus on working across One Green Planet content categories (Food, Earth, Buzz, etc.) and work on projects that are close to their own interests and passions while receiving all the tools and guidance they need to help make them a reality. Primary responsibilities will include writing, formatting, proofreading, and fact-checking articles, as well as conducting editorial research. Duties may also include those of a Daily News writer.
What are We Looking For?
In addition to a sense of humor and amazing work ethic, we’re looking for a candidate with the following skill set:
- Candidates with a college degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
- Strong interest in all things animal, environmental and vegan food related.
- Strong research, proofreading and writing skills.
- A quick learner with a solid understanding of social media platforms and blogging tools.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate well.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to generate content ideas quickly and to think visually: Light photo editing skills a plus.
- Creative writing voice that translates to web-speak.
How to Apply:
- Send an email to team AT onegreenplanet.org with a cover letter, writing samples, your social media accounts, your resume along with 5 creative article ideas + Participate in our #imagreenmonster campaign: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/unleash-your-green-monster/ and send a link of your update along with your application.
Qualified applicants who are selected for interviews will be assigned a series of test posts/assignments for our consideration and may be required to complete a one-week trial phase. Successful candidates will be asked on board to complete a three-month-long fellowship.
- We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
- Incomplete applications that do not include all of the information requested above will not be considered.
- Candidates must be based in NYC/the Tri-State area or willing to relocate at their own cost.
- This is a full-time paid fellowship.