Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Animal Justice Party MP Emma Hurst said of the industry, “it’s officially done and dusted” in the state. “After so many years of allowing exploitation, it’s encouraging that NSW is listening to experts and the community, and finally catching up with the global movement to protect these animals,” she said. The writing is on the wall – these animals were not born to perform. They do not exist for our entertainment. They deserve a life worth living, and NSW has recognised this with these new regulations.”
Dolphins in captivity are subject to stressful human interactions that cause them physical and mental suffering. Dolphins in parks are confined to small tanks, which often increases aggression and reduces necessary mental stimulation.
You can also sign this petition to ban dolphin captivity!
Read more about dolphins in captivity in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- Are Captive Dolphins Really ‘Happy’? A Look Into the Daily Lives of Dolphins at the Duisburg Zoo
- Top 5 Countries with the Most Captive Dolphins
- Dolphin Awareness Month: It’s Time to Turn Our Back on the Captive Dolphin ‘Entertainment’ Industry
- Why Breeding Dolphins and Orcas in Captivity is a Horrible Idea
- Depressed Captive Dolphin Repeatedly Slams his Head Against Tank in Aquarium in Singapore
- The Dark Truth Behind the Dolphin Entertainment Industry
- Canada Passes Bill to Make Whale and Dolphin Captivity Illegal!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!