Since 1990, the Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED) conference in Monterey, Calif., has been bringing great thinkers together and new, fascinating ideas to the table.
In 2006, full-length video footage of TED speeches started to pop up online, dazzling and educating viewers, and the talks now reach one billion people worldwide.
This is truly remarkable, especially because many groundbreaking ideas and stories of animals have and are being shared like never before.
Below, we offer you just a selection of amazing TED talks on animals over the years. Watch just one during a 10 to 15 break during the day, or watch them all for a riveting afternoon or evening in the company of some awesome minds and animal lovers.
1. Dyan deNapoli recounts the world’s largest volunteer rescue of over 40,000 penguins
2. Ian Dunbar on the importance of dog-friendly dog training
3. Beverly and Dereck Joubert on the life lessons they learned from big cats
4. Kartick Satyanarayan on how all of India’s “dancing” bears were rescued and a community was given a second chance
5. Joshua Klein on the amazing intelligence of crows
Love a TED talk on animals that you don’t see on this list? Tell us and other Green Monsters which one is your all-time favorite with a comment below!
Image source: Steve Jurvetson / Flickr