Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When people hear about rescued animals living in someone’s home, they usually think of dogs, cats, and even some smaller farm animals. Well, this professional wildlife rehabilitator, Brigette, decided to take in a beaver! Second Chances Wildlife Center took in the orphan beaver when he was only a baby. He was too tiny to go to their center, so Brigette brought him into her home.
JB, short for his full name, Justin Beaver, settled right in! Brigette made sure he swam in the bathtub five times a day and gave him lots of attention. She also found out that he loved eating sweet potatoes and cuddling blankets. Even though he was living in a house, his beaver instincts kicked in. Justin Beaver caused quite a bit of damage around the home – chewing through dry wall and molding, but Brigette didn’t love him any less for it. Justin Beaver also became quite the thief! He loved taking items from around the home to build dams.
Brigette raised money to build Justin Beaver his own personal pond outside so that he could live a more natural habitat. Check out the video of Justin Beaver visiting his new home for the first time here!
- Rescued Baby Beaver Grooms Himself After a Swim (VIDEO)
- This Orphaned Rhino Is So Happy That He Was Rescued, He Prances Around His Sanctuary Home (VIDEO)
- Sweetest Rescued Baby Fox Loves Cuddles and Attention from Human Friend [VIDEO]
- Watching a Pony Embrace His Rescuer Will Warm Your Heart (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!