We all get a little nervous when we go to a new place. Even if that place is a good, welcoming space, it’s natural to be a little disoriented and even afraid. That’s exactly how Calvin felt when he arrived at Black Goat Farm and Sanctuary. Calvin was born at a dairy farm and immediately taken from his mother. Fortunately, while most male calves born into the dairy industry are sent to veal farms, Calvin was rescued by sanctuary owners, Megan and Mike.
Even though the sanctuary was the best place that Calvin could have ended up, he was still a bit nervous when he arrived. However, Lincoln, a dog at the sanctuary knew just what to do! He took up the position as Calvin’s guard dog and showed him around his new home. Soon, Calvin was playing around the sanctuary with his new best friend and even picked up a few dog behaviors along the way!
Megan and Mike eventually rescued another calf named Zoey. At first, she and Calvin were a little wary of each other, but after a nose boop, the two became inseparable! They love to run and play around with each other and of course, Lincoln is always close by.
- Meet Leigh, the Rescued Veal Calf Who Fell Off a Truck On the Way to a Processing Plant
- Rescued Cows Forrest and Pippi Used to Have a Hard Time Walking, Now Look at them Run!
- Baby Cow Runs to Greet His Mom After Being Separated for 3 Days – and It’s the Sweetest Thing Ever (VIDEO)
- Heartbreaking Video of Veal Calves Kissing One Another Through Crate Bars Shows Emotional Lives of Cows
- Meet Jo, a Rescued Dairy Cow at Woodstock Farm Sanctuary (VIDEO)
- Meet Simon: A Calf Raised for Veal (VIDEO)
- This Little Cow Was Rescued From the Veal Industry. Now He Loves to be Cuddled! (VIDEO)
- Heartwrenching Photo of Veal Calf Shows the Real Cost of a Glass of Milk
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!