Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
This video is too sweet to handle! We’re sure you’ve heard the adorable sound that is a cat’s purr at some point in your life, but what about a bear’s purr?
Jenny is a Syrian Brown Bear at the Orphaned Wildlife Center in New York. While the center’s mission is to rehabilitate and release animals, Jenny is one of the permanent residents. She came from a breeding program that was trying to save her species. Syrian Brown Bears originate in the Middle East and thus, she wouldn’t do well on her own here.
Because Jenny is a permanent resident, owners and caretakers of the center, Susan and Jim, interact with her often. In this video, you can hear her purring like a cat! How sweet is that? It’s natural for bears to make a purring sound when they feel comforted – especially when they are suckling their mother. In this case, Jenny takes comfort in suckling Susan’s fingers and holding onto her leg. It’s hard not to smile while watching this sweet interaction.
Just remember, while this interaction is adorable, these are trained professionals who have known these bears for the majority of the bears’ lives. If a bear approaches you or you see one in the wild, follow these tips to avoid a dangerous situation for both you and the bear.
- How to Co-Exist with Black Bears
- Rescued Sun Bear Cub Gets His Own Playroom and Has the Time of His Life! (VIDEO)
- From Captivity to Freedom: The Amazing Rescue and Transformation of Dillan the Asiatic Bear
- Brave Man Saving a Drowning 400-lb Black Bear Is Possibly one of the Greatest Rescue Stories Ever!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!