Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
If you’ve ever browsed the classified ads on Craigslist, you know that you can buy practically anything your heart desires on the website. Unfortunately, one Chicago man’s evil desire was to violently torture and kill kittens – and he used Craiglist to find his innocent, tiny victims.
It’s unclear how this horrifying pattern started, but by the time the 22-year-old was caught and stopped, he had killed at least 6 kittens. Some of their mutilated bodies were still in his house; police found them stuffed uncaringly in a bag in the pantry.
This man would drown a poor kitten in his bathtub, and then buy another one on Craigslist so as not to draw suspicion. Then, he’d do the whole sadistic routine over again — except, maybe this time, he would microwave the next kitten.
Craigslist technically prohibits the sale of animals on its website, but there is a “rehoming” loophole that people constantly abuse. For the sake of every animal listed on Craigslist, this loophole must be sealed tight!
Please sign this petition to demand that the CEO of Craigslist address this concerning situation by closing the animal rehoming loophole!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Urge the United Kingdom to Ban Animal Snares
- Petition: Tell Nebraska to Pardon Woman Who Provided Abortion Pills to Her Daughter
- Petition: Urge Authorities to Prevent Future Whale Deaths
- Petition: Tell Congress to Protect Endangered Species
- Petition: Demand Iceland Ban Commercial Whaling
- Petition: Tell the Chinese Government to End the Dog and Cat Meat Trade Once and for All
- Petition: Demand Houston Legislators Strike Down Ban on Feeding the Homeless
- Petition: Urge Officials in OKC to Ban Animal-Abusing Couple from Ever Living with Animals
- Petition: Urge More Animal Shelters to Have Live Music Performances to Help Calm the Animals
- Petition: Demand an Investigation into Sherrif’s Office That Ignored Animal Cruelty Complaints
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!