Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
It is no secret that chickens trapped in battery cages live horrible lives. In many cages, the animals can hardly turn around, let alone comfortably lie down. A lack of space to move about and exhibit natural behaviors like scratching leads to psychological trauma and painful physical conditions like osteoporosis — brittle bones that break and smash easily.
Chicks often end up having their beaks trimmed before going into these torture chambers, because if they don’t, they’ll resort to pecking out their own feathers or cannibalizing one another. What kind of a life is this for a living, breathing animal?
With a growing number of people eating poultry around the world, the demand for chicken has grown. And, to make matters worse, European nations where these cruel contraptions are banned are “dumping” their secondhand battery cages across East Africa, according to some advocates. Some are calling it “a transfer of animal cruelty to Africa,” where many farmers who need to make a living don’t have options other than to use cheaper equipment that is less geared towards animal welfare.
Please sign this petition to demand a ban on the cage system in poultry farming in Kenya and Uganda!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Demand Congress Protect Endangered Species
- Petition: Tell Authorities to Investigate Wildlife Sellers and Traffickers
- Petition: Pressure Authorities to Protect Red Wolves from Becoming Extinct
- Petition: Urge Alaska to Adopt Ethical Wildlife Management Practices
- Petition: Mandate Counseling for Sadistic Men Who Tortured Raccoon to Death
- Petition: Help Flamingos Safely Return to Their Habitats
- Petition: Urge Libya’s Rival Governments to Collaborate and Manage Flood Crisis
- Petition: Urge President Biden to Stop the Willow Project
- Petition: Urge Colorado to Ban the Sale of Dogs and Cats in Pet Stores
- Petition: Commit to Composting and Help Curb Food Waste
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!