Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A husband and wife in Alabama allegedly abandoned several of their horses to die last year after they moved away to a new home – leaving the animals behind to fend for themselves.
Luckily, someone else stepped up to try and keep the horses alive by feeding them in their owners’ absence. But it was barely enough to sustain them. Months after the couple had moved away, the helper messaged them to say the animals were all out of food and to request help.
The husband said they’d come to move the horses away, but that never happened. Instead, authorities eventually arrived to discover the animals half-dead, with at least one lying on the ground nearly incapable of moving.
Deputies reported that the horses had been so badly neglected and starved, that their ribs and bones were severely protruding through their skin. One animal had fallen and was so emaciated, they couldn’t get back up – instead laying their head and neck deep in feces. The fences and ground around showed the horses had desperately tried to escape to seek food elsewhere but had been unsuccessful.
Authorities removed the two horses, as well as a pony and goat, and have charged the couple with animal cruelty.
Please sign this petition to ensure these neglectful individuals are never allowed to live with animals again!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Demand Congress Protect Endangered Species
- Petition: Tell Authorities to Investigate Wildlife Sellers and Traffickers
- Petition: Pressure Authorities to Protect Red Wolves from Becoming Extinct
- Petition: Urge Alaska to Adopt Ethical Wildlife Management Practices
- Petition: Mandate Counseling for Sadistic Men Who Tortured Raccoon to Death
- Petition: Help Flamingos Safely Return to Their Habitats
- Petition: Urge Libya’s Rival Governments to Collaborate and Manage Flood Crisis
- Petition: Urge President Biden to Stop the Willow Project
- Petition: Urge Colorado to Ban the Sale of Dogs and Cats in Pet Stores
- Petition: Commit to Composting and Help Curb Food Waste
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!