Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Balusha the Malamute is paralyzed after a disc in his spine herniated in 2022. Despite his disability, Balusha still manages to be active with the use of a wheelchair. However, his true happy place is at the beach. Knowing this, his doting humans take him as often as possible. At the beach, the paralyzed Malamute wears a life vest for safety while he enjoys splashing in the sea’s gentle waves.
This is Balusha, a malamute on a wheelchair, and his dad Sergey. They are the best buds ever ❤️. They have so much love, trust, appreciation, and care for each other. Friends I tell you a secret 🤫 Balusha cannot fall asleep unless dad holds his paw ❤️🥰 Це маламут Балуша на інвалідному візку та його тато Сергій. Вони найкращі друзі❤️. У них так багато любові, довіри, вдячності та турботи одне про одного. Друзі, розповім вам секрет 🤫 Балуша не може заснути, якщо тато не тримає його за лапку ❤️🥰
A video posted to Balusha’s dedicated TikTok account shows the dog enjoying one of his morning outings. Balusha can be seen sitting at the water’s edge. One of his humans wades into the ocean. Determined to join him, Balusha makes his way through the waves and into deeper waters. He enjoys paddling around in his life vest. When he is ready to get out, his human helps him make his way back to shore safely.
Swimming can be an excellent way for dogs with paralysis or other mobility issues to get their exercise in. Additionally, it seems to be an activity that Belusha loves to do. People praised Balusha’s humans dedication to making sure the Malamute gets to enjoy his life to the fullest.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Paralyzed Dog’s Tail-Wagging Dream Captivates Hearts
- Homeless Paralyzed Dog Lost Her Wheelchair to Cruel Humans But Ended Up Gaining a Home
- Final Dog at High-Kill Shelter Rescued at Last Minute: Paralyzed Pup’s Journey to Love
- Help Paralyzed Rescue Dog Currently Stuck at JFK
- Paralyzed Rescue Dog from Iran Lives a Happy Life Now
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!