Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Keeping your dog’s teeth squeaky clean can be a challenge, but a recent TikTok video from The School for the Dogs in New York City (@sftdnyc) offers a brilliant solution that has the internet wagging its tail in delight. The clip, which has already garnered over 870,000 views, showcases an effective yet heartwarming teeth brushing technique.
Anna gradually introduces the idea of brushing to Michael, starting with simple tasks like laying his chin on her lap. She follows each step with a reward, progressing from exposing Michael’s teeth, to using a toothbrush, and finally, brushing his teeth. All this while maintaining a serene and positive atmosphere.
This fantastic brushing technique has resonated with the TikTok community, prompting users to express their love for the helpful and visually engaging tutorial. Whether your dog is an apprehensive pup or an old-timer resisting new tricks, this tender training approach is a game-changer in maintaining your dog’s dental health.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!