An adorable clip from a South Carolina rescue dog’s freedom ride is warming the hearts of the internet. The adorable clip shows a newly adopted rescue pup from Oconee Humane Society holding his new pawrent’s hand on the drive home.
He’s such a sweet boy 🥰 #shelterdog #adoptdontshop #rescuedog #sweet #adoption #shelter #dogsoftiktok #muttsoftiktok
The clip shared by @abigailada12 has received nearly 7 million views just 6 days after posting. The
“I adopted this dog and he held my hand the whole way home,” @abigailada12 wrote on the video, adding, “He’s such a sweet boy.”
@abigailada12 reportedly works as a veterinary technician at Oconee Humane Society and said that one-year-old Loki was at the shelter for only about a week before he became seriously ill. After receiving lifesaving treatment for parasites, @abigailada12 took him home to look after him. Although she promised her husband that she wouldn’t get attached to the pup, it was almost impossible.
Replying to @dietrat801 #greenscreen update on Loki!! Hes settling in great and happy to have a home. We repeated some bloodwork and are waiting on those results to make sure everything will be good. Let me know if anyone wants updates on him or the shelter pets!! #shelterdogs #rescuedog #update #adoptdontshop #vettechtok #shelter #dogsoftiktok #love #pitbullsoftiktok
Her husband kept his ground, and ultimately, they brought Loki back to the shelter. However, one more final plea and the husband gave in. Although Loki is still underweight, he is slowly gaining it back and is so happy to be with his new forever family.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Best Things In Life Are Rescued Tee By Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
- Shelter Dog Who Was Ignored and Called ‘Ugly’ and ‘Unadoptable’ Finally Finds Forever Home
- Animal Rights Activists Stop Man Who Said He’d Adopt Cats and Torture Them in Livestream
- Turkish Firefighter Adopts Cat He Rescued From Ruins
- Orca Mom Adopts Pilot Whale Calf and Takes Baby Under Her Fin
- Newly Adopted Dog Goes Missing and Turns Back up at Shelter 10 Miles Away
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!