One of my go to meals is this vegetable coconut curry. It a great option if you're looking for a quick dinner that's going to require minimum effort. It's also practically foolproof since the blender makes the sauce for you and all you have to do is peel, chop and stir. Easy right?
Vegetable Coconut Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 inch knob minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
For the Vegetables:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large summer squash or 2 small cut into roughly 2" strips
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small cut into roughly 2" strips
- 3-4 carrots cut into 2" strips
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 8 small white mushrooms sliced
- Handful of green beans trimmed and cut in half
- Optional: chopped peanuts or sliced almonds, cilantro for garnish
- Add all the ingredients under sauce to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat dutch oven on medium heat and add coconut oil along with garlic. Cook stirring continuously for 30 seconds until fragrant but not brown. Add all the veggies and salt and give a good stir from time to time. Cook veggies for about 8 minutes.
- Add sauce and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. I like my veggies to still have a bite.
- Like with all recipes, they can be customized, so if you want to add more maple syrup for a sweeter taste go for it, if you want to add more lime for a tangier taste that's good too.