Fusion foods take amazing flavors and forms from two different cuisines and throw them together into one amazing meal. This Thai tofu pizza is slathered with a flavorful peanut sauce, an abundance of vegetables and baked tofu.If using a pre-made crust, it takes just 20 minutes to throw together, making it the perfect weeknight dinner.
Thai Tofu Pizza With Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
For the Pizza:
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces baked tofu, cubed
- 3 scallions, chopped
To Make the Peanut Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, brown sugar, and red curry paste until well combined and creamy. Add sea salt, if desired.
To Make the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Flatten pizza dough on a lightly oiled cookie sheet or pizza stone. Evenly spread desired amount of peanut sauce onto dough. Add red bell peppers, carrots, red onions, and baked tofu.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is cooked through and golden. Remove from oven and top with chopped scallions.