Oh my goodness gracious garbanzo beans. Make this NOW. You can taste the energy in this recipe, especially because of the sprouts. The sauce brings everything together deliciously with a savory, sweet and salty flavor; the avocado adds a rich creaminess, the bell pepper gives you that juicy crunch and finally; the cucumber makes it all taste hella fresh.
Sushi With Sprouts and Tahini Ginger Miso Sauce
This Recipe is :
For the Sushi Rolls
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1/3 bell pepper
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts (or other fresh sprouts)
- Seaweed sheets, like nori
For the Tahini Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons peeled ginger root
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/8 cup water (more or less)
- To make the sauce: blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy, adding liquid as needed.
- To make the sushi: slice the cucumber, avocado and bell pepper very thin, and add anything else you want to. Now spread some sprouts evenly over a sheet of seaweed, but leave a bit of space at one end and drip a tiny bit of sauce all over the sheet. Place in your veggies and roll up like a pro! Keep doing this until you use all your stuff. Then with a sharp knife, slice carefully present your beautiful sushi to the lucky folks you’re sharing this with. If that’s just you – pretend to surprise yourself and get really excited.
- Vegan sushi just magically appeared from nowhere.