This spicy broccoli salad will make even the most blasé broccoli eaters swoon. It has charred broccoli, gorgeous red (and slightly spicy Fresno chilis), crispy garlic chips, toasty peanuts, a fresh sprinkle of cilantro, and a divine spicy peanut dipping sauce. All the elements of this dish come together to make one out of this world plate of veggie deliciousness.
Spicy Broccoli Salad With Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
6 side dishes
For the Salad:
- 10 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Fresno chilis, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- A handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 of 1 spicy peanut sauce batch (recipe below)
- Salt and pepper
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Garlic Chips:
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
To Make the Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Garnish with green onions.
To Make the Broccoli Salad:
- Add tablespoon olive oil to a large pan or wok, and heat over high heat. Once pan is very hot, add broccoli to pan and cook until broccoli is charred in spots and can be pierced with a fork but is still crisp, about 8 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper before removing to a large platter or bowl.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons water to spicy peanut sauce and whisk until thinned to an easily pourable consistency.
- Drizzle peanut sauce over broccoli then top with Fresno chilis, garlic chips, cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
To Make the Garlic Chips:
- Add sliced garlic to a small saucepan with olive oil. Add more oil if garlic is not completely covered. Heat over medium (oil will be very bubbly) until garlic is browned, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic chips from oil and and cool on a paper towel