These savory crepes make for a light meal that is quick and easy to prepare! Impress your guests with this beautiful French dish and save time and money in the kitchen! A win win!
Savory Spinach Crepes with Sautéed Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crepes:
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup garbanzo flour
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup water
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, for sautéeing
To Make the Filling:
- 1-pound mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A couple sprigs fresh or dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Place the crepe ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend, using a hand (immersion) blender, until smooth and green. Alternatively, mix the batter ingredients together in a blender. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes while you prep and cook the mushrooms.
- For the mushrooms, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil, garlic, sliced mushrooms, thyme, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms are soft and glistening, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside while cooking the crepes.
- To cook the crepes, heat an 8-inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add a pinch of oil and when it is melted, about 1/3 cup of the crepe batter. Tilt the pan until the batter is evenly distributed. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until each crepe is golden and can be turned easily. Repeat with the remaining batter until all the crepes are cooked. There will be about 12 in total.
- Place the finished crepes on a plate in the oven on the lowest setting while cooking the remaining batter.
- To serve, top each crepe with vegan yogurt, if desired, and mushrooms. Feel free to add a small handful of additional spinach and/or some toasted sunflower seeds alongside to round out the meal.